Thursday, June 18, 2009

Prague, Vienna and Budapest for less than 1000€!

I realise I've been away for (waaay) too long, but I'm back with a great deal for you guys: the european capitals for less than 1000€. Also, I'll be giving you some useful tips for this trip.

For us it all started back in Lisbon (I'm writing on my notebook on London Heathrow where we're waiting patiently for our flight which has been delayed for more than an hour...). We booked our flights and acommodation through the internet. The flights were bought on edreams, the hotels on booking.com and yeego. The total for these was 525€ (including 3 nights in Prague, 4 nights in Vienna and 4 nights in Budapest). Actually, you could save some money here, since I believe one night less on each of the cities would be just fine (for our purpose, which was to get to know the key spots of each city).

Still concerning these first expenses, we did have a problem with the charging of the first hotel - they charged us 3 times the total amount of our stay. The booking.com guys were impeccable and contacted the hotel immediately and told us that if we weren't able to work it out with the hotel when we got there, to just contact them (for free from the hotel). In the end, the hotel did realise they had maken a mistake and reimbursed us (or so I hope, I'm only checking my balance when i finally get to Lisbon tonight - update: I did check it and it was all okay).

Now, on to the cities.


No comments: